Fundraise for the Alannah & Madeline Foundation
With the right support, children can recover from trauma.
Tragically it isn’t rare for children to witness or experience family violence.
Each year, around 13,000 Australian children are taken into the care of child protection authorities because they are at serious risk of harm or have no other safe place to live.
The trauma can have a devastating, lifelong impact. But the good news is that with the right support, children and young people can heal and get every chance to live happy, safe and strong.
Buddy Bags are backpacks thoughtfully packed for vulnerable children across Australia experiencing crisis, trauma, or just doing it tough.
Buddy Bags are filled with carefully selected items that focus on the physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing of children and young people.
The Buddy Bag backpacks include:
- new pyjamas, socks and underwear, so they can dress in clean clothes
- a toothbrush, toothpaste, face washer and hairbrush to attend to their personal care needs
- a book to relax the mind, a trauma-informed toy for healing play – and an all-important teddy bear to cuddle for emotional comfort.
A Buddy Bag is something tangible a child or young person can call their own, helping to meet their immediate need – while showing them they are special, that people care for them, and that they matter.
Huge Donation with Colour Explosion Fundraiser
Through Australian Fundraising, over $60,000 has been raised by schools and groups who have participated in the Colour Explosion Buddy Run since 2021!
“It’s through the generous actions of students who raise funds for our foundation that help us continue the valuable support and services we offer – we are so grateful!” said Zoe Robbins.
One incredible school managed to raise a huge sum of $29,082 which was astounding considering they had under 800 students.
How You Can Help
In 2023, you can support the Alannah & Madeline Foundation by fundraising with a Colour Explosion Buddy Run! At no cost to your school or group, your participants can enjoy all the fun of a Colour Explosion School Run 4 Fun while fundraising for one of Australia’s most trusted and influential children’s charities.
The Alannah & Madeline Foundation Buddy Run
Have the brightest day at school with our Alannah & Madeline Foundation Colour Explosion Buddy Run! At no cost to your school, you will receive everything you need to fundraise!
Register for the Alannah & Madeline Foundation Colour Explosion Buddy Run and receive:
- FREE colour powder in recyclable squirt bottles
- FREE rainbow headbands for every student
- Access to our FREE online fundraising platform
- FREE incentive fundraising prizes for every student
- FREE woven support wristbands, encouraging students to keep going when times get tough
- FREE life-size social media selfie frame
- Promotional posters, parent letters, newsletter scripts and more!
Not only is the Buddy Run an awesome opportunity to fundraise for charity, but it’s a great way to encourage students in your school to spread kindness, encouragement and support to children in need.